- And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to have them brought.
- But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned and told,
- Saying, The prison truly found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within.
- Now when the high priest and the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these things, they doubted of them whereunto this would grow.
- Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.