- 後來他們求一個王、 神就將便雅憫支派中、基士的兒子掃羅、給他們作王四十年。
- 從這人的後裔中、 神已經照著所應許的、為以色列人立了一位救主、就是耶穌。
- "Then they asked for a king, and God gave them Saul the son of Kish, a man of the tribe of Benjamin, for forty years.
- "After He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, 'I HAVE FOUND DAVID the son of Jesse, A MAN AFTER MY HEART, who will do all My will.'
- "From the descendants of this man, according to promise, God has brought to Israel a Savior, Jesus,
- after John had proclaimed before His coming a baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.
- "And while John was completing his course, he kept saying, 'What do you suppose that I am? I am not He. But behold, one is coming after me the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.'