- "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."
- Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas--Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren,
- and they sent this letter by them, "The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.
- "Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls,
- it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,