- After five days the high priest Ananias came down with some elders, with an attorney named Tertullus, and they brought charges to the governor against Paul.
- After Paul had been summoned, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying to the governor, "Since we have through you attained much peace, and since by your providence reforms are being carried out for this nation,
- we acknowledge this in every way and everywhere, most excellent Felix, with all thankfulness.
- "But, that I may not weary you any further, I beg you to grant us, by your kindness, a brief hearing.
- "For we have found this man a real pest and a fellow who stirs up dissension among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.