- Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.
- But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.
- For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror;
- for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.
- But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.