- You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you.
- Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains.
- You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near.
- Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!
- Brothers, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.