- like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
- Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
- Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
- Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
- For, "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.