- Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
- Again I saw something meaningless under the sun:
- There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth. "For whom am I toiling," he asked, "and why am I depriving myself of enjoyment?" This too is meaningless-- a miserable business!
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
- If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!