- Are the consolations of God small with thee? is there any secret thing with thee?
- Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,
- That thou turnest thy spirit against God, and lettest such words go out of thy mouth?
- What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, that he should be righteous?
- Behold, he putteth no trust in his saints; yea, the heavens are not clean in his sight.
- Are God's consolations not enough for you, words spoken gently to you?
- Why has your heart carried you away, and why do your eyes flash,
- so that you vent your rage against God and pour out such words from your mouth?
- "What is man, that he could be pure, or one born of woman, that he could be righteous?
- If God places no trust in his holy ones, if even the heavens are not pure in his eyes,