- And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
- And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
- Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
- But Jesus, said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
- And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
- Jesus left there and went to his hometown, accompanied by his disciples.
- When the Sabbath came, he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. "Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles!
- Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.
- Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor."
- He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.