- When the queen of Sheba heard of Solomon's fame, she came to Jerusalem to test him with hard questions. Arriving with a very great caravan--with camels carrying spices, large quantities of gold, and precious stones--she came to Solomon and talked with him about all she had on her mind.
- Solomon answered all her questions; nothing was too hard for him to explain to her.
- When the queen of Sheba saw the wisdom of Solomon, as well as the palace he had built,
- the food on his table, the seating of his officials, the attending servants in their robes, the cupbearers in their robes and the burnt offerings he made at the temple of the LORD, she was overwhelmed.
- She said to the king, "The report I heard in my own country about your achievements and your wisdom is true.