- "Your teeth are like a flock of ewes Which have come up from their washing, All of which bear twins, And not one among them has lost her young.
- "Your temples are like a slice of a pomegranate Behind your veil.
- "There are sixty queens and eighty concubines, And maidens without number;
- But my dove, my perfect one, is unique: She is her mother's only daughter; She is the pure child of the one who bore her The maidens saw her and called her blessed, The queens and the concubines also, and they praised her, saying,
- 'Who is this that grows like the dawn, As beautiful as the full moon, As pure as the sun, As awesome as an army with banners?'
- Thy teeth are as a flock of sheep which go up from the washing, whereof every one beareth twins, and there is not one barren among them.
- As a piece of a pomegranate are thy temples within thy locks.
- There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
- My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.
- Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?