- So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me.
- I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."
- When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!"
- The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."
- Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what Jesus did, put their faith in him.