- Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.
- There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you--who are you to judge your neighbor?
- Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money."
- Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.
- Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."