- When Ephraim spoke, men trembled; he was exalted in Israel. But he became guilty of Baal worship and died.
- Now they sin more and more; they make idols for themselves from their silver, cleverly fashioned images, all of them the work of craftsmen. It is said of these people, "They offer human sacrifice and kiss the calf-idols."
- Therefore they will be like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears, like chaff swirling from a threshing floor, like smoke escaping through a window.
- "But I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no Savior except me.
- I cared for you in the desert, in the land of burning heat.
- 自從你出埃及地以來、我就是耶和華你的 神、在我以外、你不可認識別神、除我以外並沒有救主。