- When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was an olive grove, and he and his disciples went into it.
- Now Judas, who betrayed him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with his disciples.
- So Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons.
- Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?"
- "Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.)