- Death has climbed in through our windows and has entered our fortresses; it has cut off the children from the streets and the young men from the public squares.
- Say, "This is what the LORD declares: " 'The dead bodies of men will lie like refuse on the open field, like cut grain behind the reaper, with no one to gather them.' "
- This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches,
- but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.
- "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will punish all who are circumcised only in the flesh-
- For death is come up into our windows, and is entered into our palaces, to cut off the children from without, and the young men from the streets.
- Speak, Thus saith the LORD, Even the carcases of men shall fall as dung upon the open field, and as the handful after the harvestman, and none shall gather them.
- Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
- But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
- Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;