- James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
- Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
- knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
- And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
- James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations: Greetings.
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
- because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
- Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
- If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.