- Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
- And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;
- Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
- He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
- After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.