- Now the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, and they said to David, "You shall not come in here, but the blind and lame will turn you away"; thinking, "David cannot enter here."
- Nevertheless, David captured the stronghold of Zion, that is the city of David.
- David said on that day, "Whoever would strike the Jebusites, let him reach the lame and the blind, who are hated by David's soul, through the water tunnel." Therefore they say, "The blind or the lame shall not come into the house."
- So David lived in the stronghold and called it the city of David And David built all around from the Millo and inward.
- David became greater and greater, for the LORD God of hosts was with him.