- 人被試探、不可說、我是被 神試探．因為 神不能被惡試探、他也不試探人．
- For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.
- Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
- When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
- but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
- Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.