- 仇敵聽見我們知道他們的心意、見 神也破壞他們的計謀、就不來了。我們都回到城牆那裡、各作各的工。
- Also our enemies said, "Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work."
- Then the Jews who lived near them came and told us ten times over, "Wherever you turn, they will attack us."
- Therefore I stationed some of the people behind the lowest points of the wall at the exposed places, posting them by families, with their swords, spears and bows.
- After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."
- When our enemies heard that we were aware of their plot and that God had frustrated it, we all returned to the wall, each to his own work.