- 你要謹慎、免得忘記耶和華你的 神、不守他的誡命、典章、律例、就是我今日所吩咐你的。
- 你就心高氣傲、忘記耶和華你的 神、就是將你從埃及地為奴之家領出來的、
- Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.
- Otherwise, when you eat and are satisfied, when you build fine houses and settle down,
- and when your herds and flocks grow large and your silver and gold increase and all you have is multiplied,
- then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
- He led you through the vast and dreadful desert, that thirsty and waterless land, with its venomous snakes and scorpions. He brought you water out of hard rock.