- Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat?
- With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.
- With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
- Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.
- Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.
- "Does not the ear test words, As the palate tastes its food?
- "Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding.
- "With Him are wisdom and might; To Him belong counsel and understanding.
- "Behold, He tears down, and it cannot be rebuilt; He imprisons a man, and there can be no release.
- "Behold, He restrains the waters, and they dry up; And He sends them out, and they inundate the earth.