- The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
- The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.
- A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
- He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
- A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
- The words of the wicked lie in wait for blood, but the speech of the upright rescues them.
- Wicked men are overthrown and are no more, but the house of the righteous stands firm.
- A man is praised according to his wisdom, but men with warped minds are despised.
- Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food.
- A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.