- 驛卒就把王和眾首領的信、遵著王命傳遍以色列和猶大．信內說、以色列人哪、你們當轉向耶和華亞伯拉罕、以撒、以色列的 神、好叫他轉向你們這脫離亞述王手的餘民。
- 你們不要效法你們列祖、和你們的弟兄、他們干犯耶和華他們列祖的 神、以致耶和華丟棄他們、使他們敗亡、〔或作令人驚駭〕正如你們所見的。
- 現在不要像你們列祖硬著頸項、只要歸順耶和華、進入他的聖所、就是永遠成聖的居所．又要事奉耶和華你們的 神、好使他的烈怒轉離你們。
- 你們若轉向耶和華、你們的弟兄和兒女、必在擄掠他們的人面前蒙憐恤、得以歸回這地、因為耶和華你們的 神有恩典、施憐憫．你們若轉向他、他必不轉臉不顧你們。
- The couriers went throughout all Israel and Judah with the letters from the hand of the king and his princes, even according to the command of the king, saying, "O sons of Israel, return to the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, that He may return to those of you who escaped and are left from the hand of the kings of Assyria.
- "Do not be like your fathers and your brothers, who were unfaithful to the LORD God of their fathers, so that He made them a horror, as you see.
- "Now do not stiffen your neck like your fathers, but yield to the LORD and enter His sanctuary which He has consecrated forever, and serve the LORD your God, that His burning anger may turn away from you.
- "For if you return to the LORD, your brothers and your sons will find compassion before those who led them captive and will return to this land For the LORD your God is gracious and compassionate, and will not turn His face away from you if you return to Him."
- So the couriers passed from city to city through the country of Ephraim and Manasseh, and as far as Zebulun, but they laughed them to scorn and mocked them.