- The high priest said, "Are these things so?"
- And he said, "Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran,
- and said to him, 'LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR RELATIVES, AND COME INTO THE LAND THAT I WILL SHOW YOU.'
- "Then he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Haran From there, after his father died, God had him move to this country in which you are now living.
- "But He gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot of ground, and yet, even when he had no child, He promised that HE WOULD GIVE IT TO HIM AS A POSSESSION, AND TO HIS DESCENDANTS AFTER HIM.
- 司提反說、諸位父兄請聽．當日我們的祖宗亞伯拉罕在米所波大米還未住哈蘭的時候、榮耀的 神向他顯現、
- 他就離開迦勒底人之地住在哈蘭．他父親死了以後、 神使他從那裡搬到你們現在所住之地．
- 在這地方 神並沒有給他產業、連立足之地也沒有給他．但應許要將這地賜給他和他的後裔為業．那時他還沒有兒子。