- Abraham listened to Ephron; and Abraham weighed out for Ephron the silver which he had named in the hearing of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, commercial standard.
- So Ephron's field, which was in Machpelah, which faced Mamre, the field and cave which was in it, and all the trees which were in the field, that were within all the confines of its border, were deeded over
- to Abraham for a possession in the presence of the sons of Heth, before all who went in at the gate of his city.
- After this, Abraham buried Sarah his wife in the cave of the field at Machpelah facing Mamre (that is, Hebron) in the land of Canaan.
- So the field and the cave that is in it, were deeded over to Abraham for a burial site by the sons of Heth.