- On another day the angels came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him.
- And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."
- Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."
- "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life.
- But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."
- Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD.
- The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."
- The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."
- Satan answered the LORD and said, "Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life.
- "However, put forth Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh; he will curse You to Your face."