- "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.'
- But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brotherwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
- "Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
- leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
- "Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.