- After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves.
- There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
- Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.
- Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters--one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah."
- While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!"