- and he said to Moses, "Please, my lord, do not hold against us the sin we have so foolishly committed.
- Do not let her be like a stillborn infant coming from its mother's womb with its flesh half eaten away."
- So Moses cried out to the LORD, "O God, please heal her!"
- The LORD replied to Moses, "If her father had spit in her face, would she not have been in disgrace for seven days? Confine her outside the camp for seven days; after that she can be brought back."
- So Miriam was confined outside the camp for seven days, and the people did not move on till she was brought back.