- The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah" (that is, the Christ).
- And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas" (which, when translated, is Peter).
- The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me."
- Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida.
- Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."
- He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
- And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.
- The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
- Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
- Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.