- This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed in Cana of Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.
- After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.
- When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
- In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money.
- So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.