- So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him.
- Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."
- For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
- Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
- For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.
- For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath.
- But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."
- For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
- Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.
- "For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel.