- So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him.
- Jesus said to them, "My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working."
- For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
- Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
- For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these.