- Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.
- "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
- His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, "Isn't this the same man who used to sit and beg?"
- Some claimed that he was. Others said, "No, he only looks like him." But he himself insisted, "I am the man."
- "How then were your eyes opened?" they demanded.