- but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb
- and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
- They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him."
- At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
- "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."