- "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."
- At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him,
- dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
- While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
- Then he fell on his knees and cried out, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." When he had said this, he fell asleep.