- Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized withwater, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'
- So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"
- When they heard this, they had no further objections and praised God, saying, "So then, God has granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life."
- Now those who had been scattered by the persecution in connection with Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, telling the message only to Jews.
- Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.