- The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,
- who testifies to everything he saw--that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
- John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,
- and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
- 耶穌基督的啟示、就是 神賜給他、叫他將必要快成的事指示他的眾僕人．他就差遣使者、曉諭他的僕人約翰．
- 約翰便將 神的道、和耶穌基督的見證、凡自己所看見的、都證明出來。
- 約翰寫信給亞西亞的七個教會．但願從那昔在今在以後永在的 神．和他寶座前的七靈．