- "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: These are the words of him who holds the seven spiritsof God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
- Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.
- Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
- Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy.
- He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
- 你要寫信給撒狄教會的使者、說、那有 神的七靈、和七星的、說、我知道你的行為、按名你是活的、其實是死的。
- 你要儆醒、堅固那剩下將要衰微的．〔衰微原文作死〕因我見你的行為、在我 神面前、沒有一樣是完全的。