- Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back.
- The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle.
- Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."
- Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever,
- the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: