- In the LORD I take refuge. How then can you say to me: "Flee like a bird to your mountain.
- For look, the wicked bend their bows; they set their arrows against the strings to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart.
- When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do ?"
- The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.
- The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked and those who love violence his soul hates.
- In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?
- For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart.
- If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
- The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
- The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.