- In the LORD I take refuge. How then can you say to me: "Flee like a bird to your mountain.
- For look, the wicked bend their bows; they set their arrows against the strings to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart.
- When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do ?"
- The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.
- The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked and those who love violence his soul hates.
- In the LORD I take refuge; How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain;
- For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, They make ready their arrow upon the string To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
- If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?"
- The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
- The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, And the one who loves violence His soul hates.