- Help, LORD, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men.
- Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception.
- May the LORD cut off all flattering lips and every boastful tongue
- that says, "We will triumph with our tongues; we own our lips --who is our master?"
- "Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise," says the LORD. "I will protect them from those who malign them."
- Help, LORD, for the godly man ceases to be, For the faithful disappear from among the sons of men.
- They speak falsehood to one another; With flattering lips and with a double heart they speak.
- May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, The tongue that speaks great things;
- Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips are our own; who is lord over us?"
- "Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, Now I will arise," says the LORD; "I will set him in the safety for which he longs."