- How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?
- How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?
- Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
- my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
- But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
- How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
- How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
- Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
- Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
- But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.