- They have tracked me down, they now surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.
- They are like a lion hungry for prey, like a great lion crouching in cover.
- Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down; rescue me from the wicked by your sword.
- O LORD, by your hand save me from such men, from men of this world whose reward is in this life. You still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
- And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
- They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
- From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
- As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.