- They have tracked me down, they now surround me, with eyes alert, to throw me to the ground.
- They are like a lion hungry for prey, like a great lion crouching in cover.
- Rise up, O LORD, confront them, bring them down; rescue me from the wicked by your sword.
- O LORD, by your hand save me from such men, from men of this world whose reward is in this life. You still the hunger of those you cherish; their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
- And I--in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
- They have now surrounded us in our steps; They set their eyes to cast us down to the ground.
- He is like a lion that is eager to tear, And as a young lion lurking in hiding places.
- Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him low; Deliver my soul from the wicked with Your sword,
- From men with Your hand, O LORD, From men of the world, whose portion is in this life, And whose belly You fill with Your treasure; They are satisfied with children, And leave their abundance to their babes.
- As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness; I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.