- I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me.
- When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted.
- I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit grew faint. Selah
- You kept my eyes from closing; I was too troubled to speak.
- I thought about the former days, the years of long ago;
- I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
- In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
- I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
- Thou holdest mine eyes waking: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
- I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.