- O God, the nations have invaded your inheritance; they have defiled your holy temple, they have reduced Jerusalem to rubble.
- They have given the dead bodies of your servants as food to the birds of the air, the flesh of your saints to the beasts of the earth.
- They have poured out blood like water all around Jerusalem, and there is no one to bury the dead.
- We are objects of reproach to our neighbors, of scorn and derision to those around us.
- How long, O LORD ? Will you be angry forever? How long will your jealousy burn like fire?